Directors of the Lower Brushy Creek Water Control and Improvement District will hold its next regular meeting Monday, June 8 at 7:30 a.m. via video teleconference.
The main order of business is to appoint a director to fill the remainder of John Kitsmiller’s un-expired term.
Kitsmiller, who served as a director since 2015, submitted his resignation in April. His term was to run through May 2022.
James Clarno, general manager of the WCID, said the district has several good applicants to fill the remainder of Kitsmiller’s term. Board members will meet in executive session to discuss the application pool them return to regular session for the final discussion and vote.
After that, the board will reorganize and elect new officers.
The board will also consider and possibly take action on:
- the WCID ethics policy
- the 2020 summer maintenance program
- Assurances that the WCID has adequate easements to proceed with the acquisition of property relating to repair projects on Sites 12 and 22
- a draft goals and strategic plan for the FY 2021 fiscal year
- a draft budget for FY 2021
- Proposed Discussion of the 2020 tax rate.
Those who wish to attend the video teleconference may do so. Log in at https://us04web.zoom.us/j/88132614749. The meeting ID is 881 3261 4749. The password is 593555.
There will be an opportunity for public comments at the beginning of the meeting.