Job Title: District Clerk
Status: Regular, part time.
Hiring Range: $14.00 – $18.00/hour DOQ
Opening Date: September 15, 2019
Closing Date: until filled
The Lower Brushy Creek WCID is a political subdivision of the State of Texas and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of 23 flood control structures or dams in eastern Williamson County. The WCID is governed by a 5-person elected Board of Directors. The WCID is seeking a qualified applicant for District Clerk to support and assist its General Manager with the WCID’s records.
Must be self motivated, experienced and knowledgeable of general office procedures and have MS Office skills.
High School diploma or equivalent and two year’s experience as an administrative assistant or similar position, valid Texas Driver’s License, and a Notary Public Certification or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
Required Skills/Tasks to be performed:
• Experienced and knowledgeable of general office procedures
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
Typical Tasks To be Performed:
• Board agendas (prepare, file with County, post and distribute)
• Board minutes (prepare and distribute)
• Board packets (organize, scan and distribute)
• Mailings, correspondence, etc.
• Research County and other records
• Website support
• Old records (organize, file, scan, destroy as necessary)
• Flexible days and hours
• 12-15 hours per week
• No sick, vacation, holidays or retirement
• Initial hourly rate with reviews at 3 and 6 months
• Office is located at the USDA – NRCS, 505 W University Ave, Georgetown, Texas
• Will require obtaining a USDA security clearance for computer access
• Will require the ability to work with and cooperate with NRCS staff
• May require some local travel to Board or other meetings
• Would prefer contract employee
Applications must contain the following:
• Name, address, email and phone number(s)
• Social Security number
• Texas Driver’s License number
• Listing, description and dates of jobs over the past 5 years
• References (minimum of three)
Applications will be accepted electronically at [email protected] until 5:00 pm on Friday, October 4, 2019
LBC WCID is an equal opportunity provider and employer